On May 9 at its annual Foodservice Summit in Toronto The NPD Group, a global information company, recognized five top operators in the foodservice space.
The NPD Consumer Choice Awards were presented to operators with notable increases across five respective categories, including: Fast, Efficient Service, Food Quality, Good Value, Overall Experience, and Healthy Options. The data was captured using NPD’s Customer Satisfaction tool, which measures satisfaction ratings across 21 attributes as well as open-ended comments and revisit intent for chain restaurants across Canada. This year’s winners included:
- East Side Mario’s – NPD Consumer Choice Award for Fast, Efficient Service
- Moxies Grill & Bar – NPD Consumer Choice Award for Food Quality
- Pizza Nova – NPD Consumer Choice Award for Good Value
- Panago Pizza – NPD Consumer Choice Award for Overall Experience
- Mr. Sub – NPD Consumer Choice Award for Healthy Options
“It has been a turbulent year for the Canadian foodservice industry. Declining traffic, increased competition, and changing consumer preferences have challenged operators to innovate and grow in new and unique ways,” said Robert Carter, Executive Director of Foodservice at The NPD Group. “However, this year’s award winners have proven that success can be achieved by focusing on the things that remain important to consumers – service, quality, value, health and wellness, and the overall experience.”