Alberta-based Bow Valley BBQ came out on top at the 5th Annual World Hot Sauce Awards held in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The BBQ sauce company was one of the event’s biggest winners, taking home eight awards in various categories.
“Since beginning Bow Valley BBQ six years ago, our mission remains to create products that are superior in taste and flavour,” said Jamie Ayles, president, Bow Valley BBQ. “To receive international recognition for our sauces, salsa and caesar mix is both humbling and motivating.”
The World Hot Sauce Awards is a competition that celebrates the best extreme and intense foods in the world. The competition is broken down into eight divisions and 71 categories including marketing, condiments, salsa, cook-off, jam/jelly, BBQ, snack and hot sauce. Bow Valley BBQ won:
- Bean & Corn Salsa – 1st place (Bow Valley BBQ Sweet Chili Corn salsa)
- Chipotle BBQ – 1st place (Bow Valley BBQ Winged Buffalo sauce)
- Steak Sauce – 2nd place (Bow Valley BBQ Blueberry Merlot steak sauce)
- Salsa Divisional Champion (Bow Valley BBQ Sweet Chili Corn salsa)
- Verde Salsa – 3rd place (Bow Valley BBQ Don Tomatillo salsa)
- Bloody Mary Mix – 3rd place (Parkway Craft Caesar Mix & Dirty Mary)
- Hot Sauce Label – 2nd place (Bow Valley BBQ Winged Buffalo sauce)
- Other Label – 2nd place (Bow Valley BBQ Total Jerk sauce)
These victories come on the heels of Bow Valley BBQ’s two recent wins at the 12th Annual Hot Pepper Awards in Brooklyn, NY where the company won the Best Ethnic Sauce and Best Featured Pepper categories.
Bow Valley BBQ products are all proudly Canadian made and have won over 30 awards internationally including World’s Best Salsa and World’s Best Steak Sauce.
About Bow Valley BBQ
Bow Valley BBQ is the go-to sauce brand for grilling enthusiasts. Internationally awarded for bold flavour and exciting taste, the product offering ranges from traditional sauces to spicy salsas. Bow Valley BBQ products are proudly made in Canada and available in over 1,000 stores and 80 restaurants and bars.
SOURCE Bow Valley BBQ