Nespresso Canada is proud to announce it is now the official coffee sponsor of the Toronto International Film Festival. This partnership builds on the brand’s long-standing support of cinematography and adds to the prestigious list of film festivals Nespresso partners with around the world, including Cannes, BAFTA, TriBeCa, Rencontres du 7ème Art Lausanne, Karlovy Vary, Morelia, Berlinale, Vienna, San Sebastian, Cluj and Zurich.
“Partnering with TIFF is the perfect opportunity for Nespresso to go beyond the red carpet and contribute to the industry by fostering cinematic talent; shining a spotlight on filmmakers; and creating memorable experiences for film lovers.” says Sylvie Charette, marketing vice-president at Nespresso Canada.
From September 6 to 16, 2018, Nespresso will host a wide variety of exclusive events and engaging consumer experiences including:
- Nespresso Talents: Making its Canadian debut at TIFF, Nespresso Talents is a unique competition that celebrates creative filmmaking, supports young cinematic creators and empowers filmmakers to tell a story through vertical video. This year’s theme, The Difference She Makes, celebrates female empowerment and shines a spotlight on them and their achievements.”Nespresso’s passion for film and creativity aligns seamlessly with our values at TIFF. This year’s theme for the Nespresso Talents competition goes hand-in-hand with the core purpose of Share Her Journey – increasing opportunities for women in film and achieving more gender equity in the industry,” states maxine bailey, VP of Advancement at TIFF, who is also a jury member for Nespresso Talents competition this year. “We are delighted to collaborate with Nespresso and bring more exhilarating experiences to film lovers at TIFF 2018.”
- Nespresso & RBC Host Coffee with Creators Presented by Deadline: Going into its third year, Coffee with Creators, is a Nespresso-owned initiative that convenes artists and creators for an intimate discussion about their work. This year, in partnership with RBC, Nespresso will co-host three Coffee with Creators sessions at RBC House with select filmmakers, directors and actors, moderated by Hollywood insider Deadline magazine.
- Movie Premieres: After last year’s celebration of Suburbicon, a movie directed by Nespresso’s Global Ambassador George Clooney and featuring stars Matt Damon, Julianne Moore and Oscar Issac, the brand looks forward to hosting more exclusive star-studded film premiere events featuring top talent during TIFF 2018.
- David Pecaut Square Pop-Up: To elevate festival goers’ experience, Nespresso will create a pop-up cafe at David Pecaut Square where film lovers can discover their celebrity capsule match and enjoy complimentary curated coffee recipes for the duration of the festival.
- Boutique Experience: During TIFF, Nespresso will roll out the red carpet for customers at its boutiques in Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Eaton Centre, Sherway Gardens and the Yorkville Boutique Bar. Visitors will be treated to a first class coffee experience including freshly made Nespresso-infused popcorn and the chance to win a TIFF inspired night out. Guests can enter by filling out ballots at one of the four participating Nespresso boutiques from August 30 to September 16, 2018.
About Nestlé Nespresso SA
Nestlé Nespresso SA is the pioneer and reference for highest-quality portioned coffee. The company works with more than 75,000 farmers in 12 countries through its AAA Sustainable Quality™ Program to embed sustainability practices on farms and the surrounding landscapes. Launched in 2003 in collaboration with The Rainforest Alliance, the program helps to improve the yield and quality of harvests, ensuring a sustainable supply of high quality coffee and improving livelihoods of farmers and their communities.
Headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, Nespresso operates in 76 countries and has 13,500 employees. In 2017, it operated a global retail network of more than 700 boutiques. For more information, visit the Nespresso corporate website: nestle-nespresso.com.
SOURCE Nestle Nespresso SA