‘Eats and Entertainment’ hot-spot coming soon to Seasons of Tuxedo retail complex
Cineplex, a leading entertainment and media company, has announced plans to build a new location of The Rec Room at Seasons of Tuxedo in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The country’s newest social playground for grown-ups, The Rec Room brings together incredible dining experiences with exciting live entertainment and amusement gaming experiences, all under one roof. The new location announced today is targeted to open in late 2019 and will be approximately 40,000 square feet.
“When people think of Cineplex they typically think of our film exhibition business, but I’m excited to show the Winnipeg community that we’re about more than movies,” said Ellis Jacob, President and CEO, Cineplex. “The Rec Room leverages our industry-leading entertainment, amusement gaming, food & beverage, digital media and operational capabilities that combined will bring an entirely new, technology-enhanced destination to the city.”
Located in south-west Winnipeg on the south-west corner of Sterling Lyon Parkway and Kenaston Blvd., The Rec Room at Seasons of Tuxedo will be popular with young adults and families, while also serving as the ultimate gathering spot for corporate events and parties. Built with the support of North American Development Group / Centrecorp as part of its multi-million dollar development project, the new location will include:
- The best in Canadian-inspired cuisine at The Rec Room’s upscale casual dining restaurant as well as its ‘eatertainment-style’ dining options in the games area
- A massive attractions area where social-seekers can play over 110 amusement games. Credits earned are tracked on RFID wristbands and can be redeemed at a redemption store for fun prizes
- Classic favourites like air hockey, pool and ping pong as well as large feature attractions, that could include experiences like virtual reality, luxury bowling and axe throwing
- A bar area where sports fans can grab a drink and catch the game on huge HD screens
- A guest experience that integrates the latest in technology and gamification coupled with SCENE, Canada’s leading entertainment rewards program
- A performance space that’s ideal for hosting live entertainment such as musical and comedy acts
- Multiple private dining rooms that will make it the ultimate gathering spot for celebrations, meetings, corporate events and parties
Cineplex plans to open 10-15 new locations of The Rec Room over the coming years, each ranging in size from 30,000-60,000 square feet and customized to the individual community. The massive entertainment complexes will see half of the space being devoted to dining and live entertainment and the other half being devoted to amusement games and feature attractions. In addition to the Winnipeg location targeted to open in late 2019, Cineplex currently operates four other locations of The Rec Room in South Edmonton (AB), West Edmonton Mall (AB), Calgary (AB) and Toronto (ON), and has announced plans for complexes in London (ON), Mississauga (ON), St. John’s (NFLD) and Vancouver (BC).
About The Rec Room
The Rec Room is Canada’s premier ‘Eats & Entertainment’ destination that brings together incredible dining, amusement gaming, technology and live entertainment experiences all under one roof. Part of Cineplex, The Rec Room is a premier social destination and the ultimate gathering spot for corporate events, groups and parties. While each location is customized to the individual community, The Rec Room concept features multiple dining environments and a wide range of entertainment options including a large amusement games area featuring state-of-the-art simulation, feature attractions and redemption games as well as an auditorium-style space perfect for musical acts, bands and comedians. For more information, visit TheRecRoom.com or follow the action on social media through Facebook, Twitter (@TheRecRoomCA), Snapchat (@TheRecRoomCA) and Instagram (@TheRecRoomCA).