- 6 Pcs Malpeque Oysters (Cleaned and shucked)
- 1 Ounce Tequila (the good stuff)
- 1 ½ Ounce Simple Syrup (1:1)
- ¾ Ounce Lime Juice (Fresh squeezed)
- 1 Lime (Cut into small wedges for garnishing)
- 1 Lime Zest (Very Fine)
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- Mix the tequila simple syrup, lime juice and half the lime zest in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the sugar salt and the rest of the lime zest in another small bowl and set aside
- Make six shot glasses and dip just the rim of each in the tequila mixture and press into the salt mix. Place one oyster in the bottom of each glass and divide the tequila evenly across the glasses. Garnish with a small lime wedge and serve.
*Recipe courtesy of Chef Patrick Riley of Far Niente, Four, Petit Four Bakery.