OpenTable, the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations and part of Booking Holdings, Inc., has today announced a business intelligence suite for its flagship restaurant management product GuestCenter. The new suite gives restaurants the tools and insights they need to seat more guests, better understand their diners’ booking habits and preferences, and personalize hospitality to help turn first-time diners into regulars.
“Our goal is to give restaurants the insights they need to make well-informed decisions affecting their business,” Prasad Gune, OpenTable SVP of Product. “The business intelligence suite offers at-a-glance dashboards showing both past performance and trend analysis which helps restaurants manage their operations, adjust their staffing schedules, and tailor their marketing efforts — all in real time.”
The business intelligence suite provides powerful insights and recommendations to help restaurants grow and thrive:
- Shift Occupancy Analysis: Analyzes monthly and yearly historical occupancy to help identify occupancy trends and forecast demand.
- Turn Time Optimization: Uncovers opportunities to optimize turn times to maximize busy shifts and seat more guests
- Booking Insights: Analyzes reservation data to provide insight into where diners are coming from.
- Referral Insights: Tracks referrals, concierge relationships and reservations, giving restaurants insight on who is referring the business and the number of guests they are sending to the restaurant.
- Restaurant Owner app: Presents quick analytics into how the business is performing on a monthly and shift basis, giving restaurateurs the knowledge they need to make informed and strategic decisions.
- Monthly Business Reports: Shares actionable insights for busy owners and GMs, ensuring stakeholders stay informed with top-line reporting.
“The data and actionable insights that OpenTable makes available to us via GuestCenter gives us more control and flexibility to optimize and increase revenue, while also helping to ensure a positive experience for our guests,” says Hetal Shah, Owner of San Francisco’s August (1) Five. “Based on the data, we can adjust turn times for each shift to take more reservations, add more specific table configurations to ensure that demand meets supply, and improve our reservation flow overall. By having access to the deep level of analytics reporting in GuestCenter, we’re really able to evaluate every shift and determine where there are opportunities to grow revenue and provide better hospitality.”
Additional analytics will be rolled out in the coming months, including a first time guest and visit frequency report, and covers and reviews analysis. These additional reports will help restaurants understand where their diners come from and how to convert them into regulars.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc., is the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 25 million diners per month via online reservations across more than 45,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. The OpenTable service enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus, and other helpful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to the company’s website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet’s most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations, and enhance their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated over 1.5 billion diners via online reservations around the world. OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco and has bookable restaurants in more than 20 countries, including Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States. Restaurants are available for reservations in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish languages.